SPEAKJAPAN.org is a website which promotes the study of the Japanese language. It's filled with information about the strong connection between Japan and the US, the worldwide popularity of Japanese culture, Japanese contributions to the world, and the strength of Japan's economy. It is our hope that these wonderful facts about Japan will inspire people to study Japanese.
When someone asks you, "Why should I study Japanese?" don't you wish you had a handy list of reasons with up-to-date and well-cited statistics? Sharing SPEAKJAPAN.org can help with student enrollment, showing parents that studying Japanese has benefits beyond exposure to Japanese popular culture, and showing administrators that studying Japanese opens doors for students.
Here is a list of ways to share SPEAKJAPAN.org:
- Here are some banners and icons you can use
- To save, right click and click "save image as"
- Don't forget to hyperlink the image with the SPEAKJAPAN.org URL (http://www.speakjapan.org). You can usually do that by right-clicking on the image/text and choosing "hyperlink" in the menu, or by clicking on the link button in your editor.
Here is an example of an email signoff with one of the banners:
- Have a stack of brochures available in your classroom or office (especially at Open House events)
- Pass out brochures at Japan-related events, or just have a stack ready at your booth
- Like it on Facebook, share it in your status update
- Tweet about it on twitter
If you have any other suggestions for using SPEAKJAPAN.org, please email email@example.com and they may be posted here.
There are currently two flyers and posters available:
Flyer version: PDF
Poster 2: PDF
(Note: Request other image formats by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
1) Print out all four PDFs.
2) You will need to cut off some of the white paper edges.
3) Tape the four pieces together so that the pieces line up perfectly.
4) Reinforce the back as well.
5) Post the poster on your wall!
(Here's a grayscale version. Not bad!)