Join our Volunteer Team!
Do you like Japanese culture, language and arts? Do you want to gain experience working in an international environment? Then check out the exciting volunteer opportunities as part of The Japan Foundation Volunteer Team!
Volunteer work with our organization is basic and we will give you necessary instruction, so, please join us!
Who can volunteer?
Anyone interested in Japan and its culture, arts and language is welcome to join our volunteer list! Conversational English is a basic requirement for most volunteer tasks and you must be 18 or older. Knowledge of Japanese is not necessary; however it will be beneficial.
What kind of work?
- Working with our public relations team
- Assisting with arts, cultural, and language events
- Assisting Japanese language instructors
- Helping organize books at our office
- Helping with translation and proofreading
- Basic office tasks such as assisting with mailings, photocopying, etc.
- Click Here to complete the online application.
- We will put your information into our JFLA volunteer list.
- When we need volunteers, we will contact you by email based on your interest and availability as indicated by you.
- On your first day of work, you will be asked to provide ID so that we can verify your identity. You will be requested to sign our volunteer rules and regulations form.
- On days that you work, we will provide parking validation for you.
- JFLA office in Downtown Los Angeles: Until May 31, 2012
- JFLA office in Mid-Wilshire, Los Angeles: From June 1, 2012
- Other designated event sites
If you are interested in joining our volunteer team, please follow the procedures, listed above, to complete the online application. Please contact us below if you have any questions.