Introduction to polite japanese
for smooth communication
What would you say when you meet someone for the first time, make a request, or talk with a stranger? If your Japanese is polite, then you will communicate more smoothly and make a better impression. Politeness in Japanese is essential in social and business settings.
In this course, you will practice conversation in various situations and be familiarized with the system of honorifics (“keigo” in Japanese). Practical, interactive and fun! Course of three meetings.
This course is aimed for those at the B1 level* and consist of a concise set of three meetings (once a week for three weeks).
*The levels are based on JF Standard. Click here to learn more.
Age: 18 years old and up
Class Size: 16 people
**All applicants are eligible for a 10% Early Bird Discount if you register by April 21, 2017.
Past students are also eligible for an additional 10% Past Student Discount on tuition.
Click here to learn more.
Date & Time
Saturdays, May 6, May 13 and May 20 (3 meetings in total)
4:00pm - 6:00pm (2 hours)
Miracle Mile class:
The Japan Foundation, Los Angeles
5700 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 100, Los Angeles, CA 90036
You must comfortably be able to read hiragana and katakana, and are expected to have the knowledge and skills at the A2 level*. Please take the self-check list to see if you meet the prerequisites and objectives for this course. Click here
Instruction will be both in English and Japanese.
Goal: B1 level*
*Goal levels are based on JF Standard proficiency levels. Click here to learn more.
At the end of the course, successful learners will:
- Be able to understand the concept of Japanese keigo, including how it relates to one’s relationships with others
- Be able to understand and practice basic manners related to keigo and use basic honorific phrases in daily conversation
- Be able to differentiate polite and honorific expressions from casual expressions
- Be able to understand the concept of the “in groups” and “out groups” point of view
- Be able to communicate with others using various level of honorifics depending on different situations
Click here for Registration Form
Please send us your self-check list to firstname.lastname@example.org. After we review it, one of our instructors will contact you for a phone interview to see if the course fits you. You can make a payment (check or PayPal) after the instructor's approval.
April 21, 2017
April 28, 2017