Fiscal Year 2013-2014
Japanese Teaching material purchase Grant
This program is intended to assist educational institutions in the U.S. to purchase teaching materials (textbooks, audio-visual materials, dictionaries, teachers’ reference books, etc.) for their Japanese-language courses by providing financial support not exceeding $1,000.
Conditions of the Grant
- First, the applying institution (hereafter “applicant”) should submit an Application Form, which includes a Wish List. In the wish list, the applicant should indicate the titles, unit price, quantities, and estimated total cost to acquire the materials on their own (including tax and shipping/handling charges) not exceeding $1,000.
- The applicant should NOT make any non-refundable purchase arrangements before receiving an official notice of grant approval from the Japan Foundation, Los Angeles (hereafter “JFLA”).
Please do not purchase anything at the time of application!
- The eligible items for support are Japanese-language teaching materials, such as textbooks, audio-visual materials, dictionaries, teacher’s reference books, etc. JFLA grant will NOT cover electronics (such as laptop computers, camcorders, digital cameras, projectors, screens, etc.) and consumable stationery supplies (papers, pens, etc.)
- The applicant who is awarded the grant will receive the “List of Approved Materials for Purchase” from JFLA, along with the related grant documents (“Notice of Grant Approval,” “Acceptance of Grant” form, etc.) The Applicant may start purchasing the approved materials after submitting an “Acceptance of Grant” form to JFLA.
- The applicant must keep the proof of purchase (not only receipts/invoices for the teaching materials but also for shipping/handling charges). JFLA will only reimburse items with relevant proof of purchase.
- The grant payment (a reimbursement check) will not be provided until the applicant submits the required documents such as proof of purchase (receipts, invoices, etc.), Request for Payment form, Final Report, and a sample lesson plan which has been developed using the newly acquired teaching materials. Applicants who fail to submit these required documents will not be paid.
- JFLA will finalize the grant amount based on the proof of purchase. The reimbursement check will be made payable to the name of the applying institution. JFLA cannot make a check payable to an individual teacher.
- The teaching materials purchased with the support from JFLA should become the property of the applying institutions, and are NOT to be privately owned by instructors or students.
Step 1. Download the application materials
Instructions (Eligibility, Screening Criteria, etc.)
Step 2. Read the Instructions before filling out the Application Form
Step 3. Inform JFLA (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) of your intention to apply for the program
Step 4. Mail the complete Application Form to JFLA
Application Fom (original hard copies) must ARRIVE at JFLA by the respective deadlines.
(1) March 15, 2013 (2) September 16, 2013