Making Sushi in japanese
Mon. March 23 at 7:00pm
Do you like sushi? Experience sushi like never before in this popular workshop!
Learn to make different types of sushi, order sushi in Japanese, and eat them!
A professional sushi chef will instruct participants during the sushi-making, and our language instructors will teach them useful vocabulary and expressions as well as manners and customs related to sushi.
We will make colorful chirashi-sushi, which is one of popular types of sushi for spring events such as girl's day and cherry blossom viewing parties.
This is an enjoyable workshop for everybody and no prior Japanese learning experience is necessary.
Let’s enjoy sushi together!
Chirashi-sushi (top-center), Hand-roll sushi (bottom-right) and Nigiri-sushi (bottom-left)
- Dates: Mon, March 23, 2015
Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
- Age: 18 and older
- Fee: $35/ person
- Menu & Ingredients: Chirashi sushi, Hand-roll sushi, Nigiri sushi
Chirashi sushi: Boilded shrimp, Ikura salmon egg, Egg, Cucumber, Carrot, Kaiware, Nori, Rice
Hand-roll sushi: Salmon or Tuna, cucumber, Kaiware, Ikura salmon egg (option), Nori, Rice
Nigiri sushi: Salmon and Maguro Tuna *Nigiri sushi will be prepared by Sushi chef
Gari (Pickle ginger) and Wasabi
- Guest instructor: Chef Andy Matsuda, Founder and professional chef of Sushi Chef Institute (www.sushischool.net)
With the support of:
Marukan Takaokaya Kinjirushi
The Japan Foundation, Los Angeles
5700 Wilshire Blvd. #100,
Watch the video for our previous Making Sushi in Japanese workshop on Oct. 3, 2012
*Menu and activities on March 23, 2015 will be different.
1) Please click the registration button above to go to the registration page, fill it out and submit. You will receive an e-mail for your completion of registration. (Do not use the red button on the left side. It goes to the registration form of JF Nihongo regular courses.)
2) Pay by Paypal online or mail your check within a week after registering or by March 18. You will receive a confirmation e-mail for your registration Your registration may be cancelled if the payment is not received by March 18.
Rules and Policies
1. Cancellation and Refund
Cancellation and refund requests must be received by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 18 in order to receive a full refund. No refunds will be issued after the deadline.
2. Changes by JFLA
The Japan Foundation, Los Angeles (JFLA) may change the scheduled workshop due to unforeseen circumstances. The workshop contents are subject to change.
3. Cancellations by JFLA
JFLA may cancel the workshop when necessary. Applicants will be notified in advance and receive refunds.
4. Course Availability
The workshop is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration for the workshop will close once it is filled to capacity.
5. Waiting List
Once the workshop becomes full, applicants can be placed on a waiting list. If space becomes available, applicants will be enrolled in the workshop.