Learn and experience Japan!
The Japan Foundation, Los Angeles, offers a free School Program designed to give students a fun and informative introduction to Japanese culture and traditions.
It is approximately 90 minutes long and it is available Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Fridays between 10 am and 4 pm. This program is not available on weekends and holidays. To schedule your visit, please fill out the application form and send it to JFLA via e-mail (email@example.com) or fax (323-761-7517) at least three weeks prior to the scheduled date.
Contents of the program
Video: Introduction to Japan provided by the Japan National Tourism Organization
PowerPoint: Interactive presentation about Japanese geography, foods, lifestyle, and culture
Japanese language lesson: learn basic greetings and numbers in Japanese
Activities: fun activities using what students have learned through the program
About the program
- School level: Elementary (1-5th grade) (Currently available only for elementary school students.)
- Number of students: Maximum 50 students; minimum 15 students.
- Duration: 60min-90min
- Location: Auditorium at the Japan Foundation Los Angeles
(5700 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 100, Los Angeles, CA 90036)
- Fee/Admission: None
- Parking: There is no school bus parking available at JFLA. Buses can drop off and pick up students behind the building on 8th street between Masselin Avenue and Curson Avenue.
(Please refer the nearby map http://www.jflalc.org/about-us.html)
- Transportation fee will not be provided by the Japan Foundation, Los Angeles. Your school is responsible for all transportation costs to and from JFLA.
- Teachers and/or chaperons must remain with their group of students at all times during the program.
- Teacher and chaperons must ensure that the students behave appropriately at all times.
- JFLA does not provide lunch and there is no cafeteria in the building. The La Brea Tar Pits complex is across the street (next to LACMA), and it is a great place to have lunch.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled visit time.